Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Not the Trophy Wife

I am in the bathroom this morning trying to get this beautiful mess that I call hair up so I can do my errands this morning when I stop and I look at myself in the mirror.   I smile...and I say to myself Jo you have come a long way.   I have a few wrinkles...my hair is graying (just a little)but I see someone who has over come so many obstacles,failures,let downs,hurt and so much more. and as I am staring at the mirror I have a memory of something that was once said to me....."you are not trophy wife material" I remember thinking to myself wow....there must be something very wrong with me.   I am not good enough nor worthy enough because I am not trophy wife material.  This was what I was told of why a certain person could not date me....I just was not good enough.  I was not educated enough, well rounded enough, did not come from the right background and just would not fit in the circle of people that would be required of me.   Can I just go ahead and say it now...PRAISE THE LORD!  At first I let this sit in my spirit and I let this tell me that I was just worth nothing...and no one could ever love me because well I simply was not good enough....now looking at myself in the mirror I begin to smile....I am so thankful that I am not "Trophy Wife" material but I am worthy of love, I am somebody and yes there is someone who loves me....I don't want someone to want me just because of my background,education or because I am well rounded.   If someone only loves me for those reasons that is not love, that is superficial and I want way more then a superficial relationship.  If you are a young girl or a women please do not settle...do not feel you have to be someone your not for someone to love you. Know who you are and do not be conformed or molded into someone that someone else wants you to be.  If someone really loves and cares about you....they are going to love all of you...your past, your background and anything that makes you...you.   I look at my relationship with God and I smile with great joy in my heart.  Had I settled and only wanted to be the "trophy wife" I would not have the relationship with God that I do.  I would be busy jumping through hoops making sure I was living the perfect life to please a person who superficially loved me.  I am here today in a relationship with a man that treats me with 100% respect, he honors me, loves me and cherishes me....and loves me for me.   I am so glad that I did not settle.....I have a relationship that is meaningful and full of life and he loves me because I am not perfect...he loves me for me.  Life is short....live life to the fullest...don't worry about being perfect...there is only person who has lived that was ever perfect and that was Jesus.  I want to model myself after him not what some man thinks I should be.....Be blessed and love yourself...because if you can't love yourself how can you love thy neighbor.....

Blessings on this beautiful October morning:D

No comments:

Post a Comment