Thursday, June 16, 2011

a Love like no other

As I was standing at the sink washing dishes I began to think of where I was 11 years ago.   all I can say is....what a mess!  I was a broken vessel looking for love and wanting someone to help make all the pain I was feeling go away.  I had emotions I no idea what to do with...but the biggest thing I wanted relief from was my the pain of rejection and the feelings of worthlessness.  I felt like a failure and that I did not deserve to be loved and thoughts that anyone could love me ran through my head almost daily.   I was not educated enough and I had two children and had all ready been married.   How in the world would anyone want me or let alone love me.   I was even told I was not "trophy wife" material....(Nice)...these and other things that were told me and they only pushed me deeper into a world of alcoholism and deeper into a depression. I would not recognize where I was until much later.  All I can say is thank God he was able to patch this broken vessel and take from where I was to where I am today!  Only God could take the hurt left from a divorce,broken relationships and only God fix the voids that plagued me. I am so thankful to know that there is healing from past hurts...even wounds so deep that seem there can be no repairing.  I am so thankful today to know that I am not worthless, I am worth loving and that I am not the things people have said I am.   I am loved!  I was fearfully and wonderfully created for a time such as this.   I know today that just because of my past that does not mean I am not worthy of love....I also know that there is nothing that God will not forgive...and that there is nothing I can do He will not love through.  If it were not for the love of God and for His mercy and Grace I would not be here today.   I have been blessed in abundance and beyond measure just by knowing His love.     Oh how He loves us!!!!!!  
Be blessed

2 comments:

  1. Fearfully and wonderfully made...I am so glad he made you my friend. You are encouragement to me and to many others! It is wonderful to see you blossoming before God's love and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for you!!!! I am so blessed and thank you for all the wonderful encouragement you speak into my life!

    ReplyDelete