Sunday, June 3, 2012

Why stress about that

So the other day I was talking with my very wise Uncle Jeff...I love him and his wisdom.  We happened to be talking about me stressing out....and he said something that was so simple yet so profound to me.   See I stress if I am even going to be 5 minutes late....I can't stand to be somewhere and not be on time....I would rather be one hour early then even think of being late.....I worry and stress about things not being perfect....I drive my own self crazy trying to do things just right and being on time.....but you know what....My uncle said Jo is it going to be something you will remember in 5 years?   and I thought about that....and I was like you know your right....half the stuff I am worrying and stressing over it is not going to matter.  More then likely I will not even remember any of this stuff a year from now. .   So now when I begin to feel stressed....I ask myself...is this going to matter in 5 years or am even going to remember this in 5 years. I don't stress out near as much...and I have a very thankful husband and family. So many have tried to tell me this very thing my uncle did...but I was able to finally  receive it.

    I found these scriptures.......and thought I would share:

(“inward parts are in turmoil and never still”, just like Job (Job 30:27)  Now does that not apply to me or what?


John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.



Romans 8:6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace(OK this one for me was like WOW...how true is this....me stressing out is simply my flesh...Ouch)



Philippians 4:6,7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.



1 Peter 5:6,7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you

Proverbs 16:3 Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established.



Jeremiah 17:7,8 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
(OK that scripture totally reminds me of my husband...I never see that man stress about anything....he stays calm and unmoved at all times!)





Luke 10:41-42 But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”


True leadership is tested and proved in crises. The real leader is the one who can handle the stress. He is the one who can solve the problems, bear the burdens, find the solutions, and win the victories when everyone else is merely flustered, confounded, and perplexed.”  ~ John MacArthur

I guess I have been a lot like Martha....Anxious and troubled about many things....but I no longer what to be that stressed out emotional person I have been in the past but more grounded and stable....and know I cannot control every situation...there are times I am going to be late...and not everything I do is going to be perfect...but as long as whatever I am doing I am doing unto the Lord and He is pleased that is all that matters.   

Be blessed today and I pray if you have been like me and stress and worry....put it all in the hands of God.  He does not want us to be anxious or troubled and he does not want us in turmoil.  He wants us to have a life of abundance...not full of stress and anxiety.












No comments:

Post a Comment