Saturday, March 30, 2013

Be Encouraged....and just be you!!!!




Everyday is a new day and another day to grow in every aspect of life.   From your walk with God, relationship with your husband, children, family and friends.....to your gifts, talents or areas in life you chose to develop.    For me my area outside of my walk with God, my relationship with my husband, children, family and friends is Photography.   I love it!!!  I have always loved photography....I have always just been in awe in how someone could capture an image and it take me away to another place.   I would love to look at pictures of beautiful babies, families and brides. Looking at beautiful landscapes and flowers were my little getaways. How all of it came about for me picking up a camera was because of doors God had opened for me.   What started out as taking snapshots of a conference for my husband so he could work on a DVD has turned into something beyond my wildest dreams. Then God sent a women my way that encouraged me, helped me and instilled in me some of the basic things of photography that has taken me on a journey that has  blessed me in more ways than I could ever put into words.   God has placed several people in my life actually that have greatly encouraged me and helped me with learning and growing in areas of photography.    I have had people even push me out of my comfort zone and really pushed me to do more.  That is why I am writing today....I am writing for everyone out there who has a love for Photography or maybe its art in general....whatever it is you have a passion for I encourage you to push yourself to go further...to not get discouraged in whatever season you are in.   I was finding myself becoming so discouraged.   I was looking at other peoples work and pictures and I was like wow!!!  Why don't my pictures look like that??? How are they getting that lighting???  I would continue to look and the more I looked the more discouraged I would become.   However I read a blog...and one of the things it said was to stop looking at other people's work.   I have to stop comparing my work to anyone else's.   there is always going to be someone better out there... whose work is just breathtaking and beautiful....but if I am ever to grow in life and in the areas of photography I must find me....my style.   Not everyone is going to like my images.....I like them to be a tad over exposed, hazy or popping with bright colors....or over contrasted black and white pictures.   I probably make most professional photographers cringe when they see my pictures LOL.....but that is ok.... I am learning and everyday I try to do better than I did yesterday.  Everyday I am reading something or trying a new technique I just just read about.    The most valuable lesson I have learned here lately is to stop comparing myself to others...and their work. I need to find me and my style...I can look at others for inspiration ..but not compare my work to theirs.   You have so many different styles of photography...just like anything else...you have people who draw portraits  paint portraits...you have those that do watercolors  those that do charcoal...and some that instead of drawing or painting....they do sculptures and yes take portrait pictures.  There are so many different forms and ways to do them all but everyone has their own style and unique way of presenting what they do.  You have portrait photographers  landscape photographers, photojournalistic photographers....skies the limit really  on what you can do.   You have professionals, amateurs and those who do it simply out of hobby....and I love to see them all!   Is there any right or wrong way????  for me....I say find your style and what you like...do not get discouraged!!!  Stop comparing what you do or your style to anyone else's....I did and I am so glad! If you are a writer....write in your style!!!  Not everyone is going to be a Ann Voskamp....whom I love!!! If you paint...Paint your style!!! If you draw...well draw and if you are striving to be a photographer in a world with so many....then I say go for it! Be encouraged and just be you!!!!!

This is the link to the blog I read....read it you will be encouraged :D  

No comments:

Post a Comment