Friday, April 5, 2013

Looking for a Physician?


How many of you hate going to the doctor?  I know I do....they always ask what is wrong I tell them....they half listen...and because its 2013 instead writing notes they type something into the computer.   After typing a few things and half listening they say...ok...jump up on the table...ok now deep breath in and exhale....you repeat this...they listen to your heart and then that's it.  You leave feeling just as bad as you did going.  They have no answers for you...they don't care how you're really feeling and simply could care less.   I felt this way Monday...I have a few things going on with my health.  I was diagnosed with Sjogrens last year and I am learning to live life with it. However there are some other things going on....and they know this...but are doing nothing to find the "other things".  Which honestly I could care less.  I am in God's hands.  He has me covered....he has a reason for all that I am going through even if I don't understand the why's he has a reason and a purpose.   I am writing all of this because of one thought that came to my mind.  How many people feel the same way about church as I do about the doctor.  I know I am not the only one who hates(yes its a strong word)the doctor.  You go in feeling sick and in need and leave the same way.  Usually without even knowing what is wrong they just write a prescription and send you on your way.  I think I will give you some antibiotics that should make you feel better.  Ummm thanks...but isn't that why we have so many drug resistant bugs now???  You have second and third generation drugs not even touching infections...peoples bodies have simply become immune to them.   Much in the same with the church.  How many people come to church and leave feeling just as miserable as they came.   How many people have come and feel that people just half listen if they have even listened at all....they get a pat on the back...hey I am praying for you and are sent on their way.   Not only is this for the people who do not know God but what about the second and third generation children who have been in church all their life....they are becoming immune to God's word?????  So much is going through my mind...my heart is heavy.  Do we as a group of people even care anymore?  I know there are those who do....I know they pray, they encourage ..they are out there.....but we need more people that care.  I want to be more than the person who half listens....I want to be more than the person who just pats someone on the back and says I am praying.   And really when we say yes I am praying for you...how many of us are really praying????   I am reminded of the song..."I am coming back to the heart of worship....it's all about you Jesus".  We as the body of Christ need to pull together we need to come back to the heart of  worship and what it really means to be a CHRISTian(Christ like)...encourage one another....we need to listen and not just half listen...we ourselves need to find that place...that secret place where we find God.  We must not merely go through the motions and just push people through as if they are just a number or another person.  We need to see people through the eyes of God.   We see people, they look healthy but on the inside are dying...they are being eaten alive with the cancer of bitterness and hurt.  Can we see that?  No but with the eyes of God we will know and see the needs of those around us.   I could continue typing of all the ways people are in need, how we are missing the true diagnosis because we are merely half listening and not paying attention.   OH God give us ears so that we may hear....eyes so that we may see.  Let us not become the "going through" the motions church...let us be the place of refuge and healing.  Let people know there is hope, they can leave better than they came.   Yes that broken heart can be mended....yes you are full of spiritual disease but that does not mean death...let me give you right the prescription for that.   Lets introduce people to the only physician that will ever really listen to them, who will take the time to bind up their wounds.   Let us be the physician assistants that are reliable, dependable and knowledgeable because we have studied to show ourselves approved.  I so desire to be more.   I want people to see me not just as "another' Christian.  I want them to see God in me.... that they know I know the great Physician....that I am his assistant.   There is hope, there is healing and there is life.  He came to this earth so that we may live life more abundantly.  So glad I know the great Physician....he knows all...he hears all and sees all.   He knows just where I hurt and what prescription I need....may I introduce others to him......

Looking for a church that loves, listens and knows the Great Physician.....
come to 1301 Pipkin road....the name of the Church(hospital) is Life
I am striving to be a great physician assistant there....oh and there are job openings if you are interested in applying....no one is ever turned down or away.  If you would like more information just let me know...I would be glad to sit down with you.......

No comments:

Post a Comment